Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Mom's an Octogenerian today.....

It's October 9, 2011.  My awesome  mother has just become an  octogenarian.  Time friggin' flies, because it seems like just a few years ago she was turning sixty.  In the last couple of years my mom fought early stage breast cancer.  She had a lumpectomy and came home the same day.  She took her chemo and never got sick.  She took her radiation with just a little bit of pain.    It still burns a little sometimes, but her sciatica is worse, when it bothers her.  But  everything seems good.   Today we'll  take her to lunch at a local popular Mexican restaurant and she'll drive herself in her little gold Toyota.  She's strong, and good, and I'm proud to have been raised by her.  I'm proud to still be a mama's boy at my age.  It seems like my mom can't possibly be turning eighty, but they say 50 is  the new 30, so by that math, 80, at least for my mom, must be the new 60.  Happy Birthday, Mom.  I love you.

1 comment:

  1. You and Dean are very privileged that she is still here. She is definitely a very sweet and loving mother. Congratulations to her on her birthday.

    ReplyDelete